Friday, December 5, 2014

December Already???

It's been a long dry spell with no posts on my blog.  I didn't mean to neglect it so badly but I'm going to try to be better.  I have just been busy with life and traveling.  Things have settled down since my last trip to Turkey.  We celebrated my granddaughters first birthday last month.  My, how time is flying by with this little one.  She is such a character and I can't wait to see what the next year brings.
 
 
A few weeks ago I decided to actually attempt a quilt job on my domestic machine.  It's a queen size for our bed and I got all the stitching in the ditch done around the sashing and borders.  I got a few diagonal rows done and now here it sits.  Why?
 
 
Because of this!  The Bonnie Hunter mystery, Grand Illusion Mystery.  I am doing turquoise, red, and green as my main colors and following Bonnie's pattern with the black and yellow.  A mystery during the holidays!!??  What a glutton for punishment!
 
 
 I hope to have some updates on completed steps as the weeks progress.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

She's just so adorable!! I'm a glutton for punishment too with the mystery, just can't resist!

The Other Barb said...

2355What a cute pic of your cutie pie519! Yes, I'm attempting the mystery quilt ( the small version) too. Got part 1 done before part 2 . Yay for me!

The Other Barb said...

not sure what how the "prove you are not a robot" numbers got into my comment...LOL